Subject: Purdue Postdoc Challenge - workshop reminder (December 11th), kick off event invitation
From: Elizabeth Buescher <[email-masked]>
To: Elizabeth Buescher <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Field, Wendy L" <[email-masked]>, "Sors, Thomas G" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 11:32:18 -0500

Hi all,

This is a reminder that the Information session for the Purdue Postdoc
Challenge is TOMORROW, December 11th. Please see the information below.

Kind regards,
Elizabeth
 
Please see the attached RFA for information on a grant-funding opportunity
for the Purdue postdoc community.  The Purdue administration of the Indiana
Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (Indiana CTSI) is offering
postdoctoral investigators two $5000 grants for the use of specific Purdue
core facilities.  Proposals that focus on translational research with the
aim of improving human health are being requested for this one-year project
period grant.  Purdue Postdocs on the West Lafayette campus are eligible to
apply with prior approval from their advisor. Proposals will need to clearly
demonstrate a translational research strategy with funding to be used only
at one or more of Purdue¹s CTSI-Designated Core Facilities.  Applications
will be due Monday, February 2, 2015. Questions can be directed to Dr.
Thomas Sors at [email-masked].
 
The following events will have more information:
 
Thursday, December 11th:Information Session (ME 1012) 12:30-1:30PM with
Thomas Sors (Chief Scientific Liaison, Bindley Bioscience Center). This
information session will focus on any specific questions related to the
proposal. 
 
Thursday, January 8th:  Kick-off Event (BIND atrium), 4:00-6:00PM.   Purdue
postdocs engaged in translational research are invited to learn more about
the Postdoc Challenge and meet Core Facility staff.  Drinks and appetizers
will be served.  RSVP to Wendy Field ([email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> ) is required by January 5, 2015.  Please see the
attached invitation for more information.
 
Thomas G. Sors, PhD
Chief Scientific Liaison
Bindley Bioscience Center
Purdue University
1203 W. State St.
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Telephone: 765-494-1678 <tel:765-494-1678>