Subject: Re: PPDA rejuvenation - open meeting
From: Kris Villez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Officers, PPDA" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 08:47:08 -0400

Dear Purdue postdocs,

We have so far received limited response to our poll for an open PPDA 
meeting. Please note that the very existence of the PPDA in the next 
year is pending on the discussions in this meeting. The PPDA is the only 
organization at this point which represents postdocs at Purdue. So, if 
you would appreciate the existence of the PPDA in the future, please 
respond to the following poll. I will close this poll next Tuesday:
http://www.doodle.com/ns7ybnvp852aceqc

I also want to note that Elizabeth M. Buescher has indicated her 
interest in presiding the PPDA next year. However, we are open to hear 
from any contenders for this position. If there are one or more 
contenders indeed, elections will be held in September.

Thanks,
Kris

On 5/21/2012 10:22 PM, Kris Villez wrote:
> Hi Purdue postdocs,
>
> We think it is time for the Purdue Postdoctoral Association (PPDA) to 
> rejuvenate itself.
>
> This year, the last of the very first members who started the PPDA in 
> Fall 2009 are leaving Purdue University or moving to a non-postdoc 
> position. In the period of 2009-2012, the PPDA has gained tremendous 
> support from the Purdue administration, both on organizational and 
> financial accounts. In contrast, we noticed that typical event 
> participation (socials, seminars) has dropped in the last year. For 
> this reason, we would like to connect with you to establish new goals 
> and practices for the PPDA. To this end, we will have an open council 
> meeting in the week of Monday, June 11th. You are very welcome to 
> participate. Any idea is welcome.
>
> To find a good meeting time, please answer to this poll. We will 
> select the date and time according to highest number of votes:
> http://www.doodle.com/ns7ybnvp852aceqc
>
> Thanks,
> Kris
>