Subject: Purdue Postdoc Challenge- Grant Opportunity Announcement
From: Elizabeth Buescher <[email-masked]>
To: Elizabeth Buescher <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Sors, Thomas G" <[email-masked]>, "Field, Wendy L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:52:12 -0500

Hi all,

We have a lot of exciting news and events planned for the coming month and
beyond. Please see newsletter below:

November 2014 Newsletter
 
**Big announcement**
 
Purdue Postdoc Challenge: Grant funding to use Indiana CTSI-Designated Core
Facilities at Purdue University
 
We are pleased to announce that the Indiana Clinical and Translational
Sciences Institute (Indiana CTSI) is offering two $5000 grants for the use
of specific Purdue core facilities.  The Indiana CTSI is a collaboration of
three universities in Indiana including Purdue University, Indiana
University, and Notre Dame (https://www.indianactsi.org/) and focuses on
translational research with the aim of improving human health. This one-year
grant is being offered to Purdue Postdocs on the West Lafayette campus with
prior approval from their advisor(s). Proposals (3 pages max.) will need to
clearly demonstrate a translational science strategy using one or more
CTSI-accredited Purdue core facilities. Applications will be due Monday,
February 2nd, 2015. Questions can be directed to Dr. Thomas Sors at
[email-masked]. The RFA is attached. The following events will have more
information:
 
Friday November 21st: Grant-Writing Workshop (ABE 205) 1-2PM with Perry
Kirkham (Project Coordinator)and Sally Bond (Assistant Director of Research
Development Services, Proposal Coordination)
            This workshop will be focused on how to write a 3-page proposal.
It will be         a 1-hour workshop.
 
Thursday December 11th: Information Session (ME 1012) 12:30-1:30PM with
Thomas Sors (Chief Scientific Liaison, Bindley Bioscience Center)
            This information session will focus on any specific questions
related to the        proposal.
 
--------------
Seminars
 
Wednesday November 12th: Grant Writing  (BRNG Rm 2291) 4:30PM Dr. Peter Dunn
Dr. Dunn will give a thorough overview of how to write a successful grant,
how to grasp your audiences' attention, which sections to spend the most
time on, etc. 
 
Thursday November 20th: Part I: CV, resume, cover letter (MATH 175) 4:30PM
Dr. Rebecca Doerge
Dr. Doerge will present how to how to job search, write a cover letter and
CV/Resume in an open, honest manner. No question is off limits. This is part
I of a two part series.
 
--------------
Coffee Hour
 
Thursday November 20th: Math 215  12:30-1:30PM
            If you are interested in presenting, please email
[email-masked]
 
Hope to see you soon!

Kind regards,
Elizabeth

-- 
Elizabeth Buescher
NIFA Postdoctoral Associate
Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
Purdue University
(765) 494-9042