Subject: CANCELLED- Nov 20th seminar: CV, resume, cover letter Dr. Doerge MATH 175 4:30PM
From: Elizabeth Buescher <[email-masked]>
To: Elizabeth Buescher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 13:49:00 -0500

Due to unforeseen circumstances, this seminar will be rescheduled for the
Spring semester. Thank you all for your patience.

Kind regards,
Elizabeth
-- 
Elizabeth Buescher
NIFA Postdoctoral Associate
Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
Purdue University
(765) 494-9042

From:  Elizabeth Buescher <[email-masked]>
Date:  Monday, November 17, 2014 12:41 PM
To:  Elizabeth Buescher <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Nov 20th seminar: CV, resume, cover letter Dr. Doerge MATH 175
4:30PM

Hi all,

We have a second November seminar this Thursday, November 20th. Please join
us for Dr. Rebecca Doerge's seminar, "Beginning a Job Search: Academic,
Industry, Government..."

Speaker: R. W. Doerge, Departments of Statistics and Agronomy, Purdue
University 
Location: MATH 175 
Date: November 20, 2014; Thursday , 4:30pm

Abstract 

This is a two part seminar. Part 1 includes details of the job search and
interview process for both Masters and Ph.D. students. We will discuss what
to think about prior to applying for a job, how to apply, details of a
resume', details of a Curriculum Vitae (CV), Teaching Statements, and
Research Statements. Once you get a job interview, you need to be prepared.
We will discuss preparation, travel, expenses, dress, and what goes on
during and after the interview.

This is an open event so please invite anyone who may be interested.

Kind regards,
Elizabeth

-- 
Elizabeth Buescher
NIFA Postdoctoral Associate
Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
Purdue University
(765) 494-9042