Subject: January seminar: Beginning a Job Search: Academic, Industry, Government. 1/22/15 MATH 175 4:30PM
From: Elizabeth Buescher <[email-masked]>
To: Elizabeth Buescher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 13:39:23 -0500

Hi all,

This is a friendly reminder of our January seminar. Please join us for Dr.
Rebecca Doerge's seminar, "Beginning a Job Search: Academic, Industry,
Government..." 

Speaker: R. W. Doerge, Departments of Statistics and Agronomy, Purdue
University 
Location: MATH 175 
Date: January 22, 2015; Thursday , 4:30pm

Abstract 

This is a two part seminar. Part 1 includes details of the job search and
interview process for both Masters and Ph.D. students. We will discuss what
to think about prior to applying for a job, how to apply, details of a
resume', details of a Curriculum Vitae (CV), Teaching Statements, and
Research Statements. Once you get a job interview, you need to be prepared.
We will discuss preparation, travel, expenses, dress, and what goes on
during and after the interview.

This is an open event so please invite anyone who may be interested.

Kind regards,
Elizabeth