Subject: Position at Advanced Diamond Technologies, Inc.
From: Melanie-Claire Mallison <[email-masked]>
To: Nicolaie Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:53:19 -0400
List-Id: <cnfusers-l.cornell.edu>

Hi, Nicolaie:

I've been on vacation, and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to 
respond.  However, I've blind-copied the CNF Users here.  Good luck 
with your search!!

Melanie-Claire

>Hello Melanie-Claire!
>We are assiduously looking to fill the following MEMS Process 
>Engineer position and thought that you may be able to eventually 
>help us by posting it to the CNF community.
>The position description, as well as descriptions of other 
>positions, and ADT's company profile can be found at:
><http://www.thindiamond.com/careers.asp#MEMS%20Process%20Engineer>http://www.thindiamond.com/careers.asp#MEMS%20Process%20Engineer
>Thank you very much,
>Nicolaie Moldovan
>
>MEMS Lead Scientist
>Advanced Diamond Technologies, Inc.
>Office: (815) 905-9395
>Cell Phone:  (630) 865-8291
>Web: <http://www.thindiamond.com/>www.thindiamond.com
>
>
>MEMS Process Engineer
>Advanced Diamond Technologies, Inc. (ADT), the leader in the 
>development and commercialization of thin film diamond-enabled 
>products, is seeking highly-motivated individuals to join the team 
>as the company's commercial product sales begin to ramp up. ADT is a 
>young, fast growing, award-winning high-tech company based in 
>Romeoville, IL. ADT is currently developing products enabled by 
>diamond for use in the nanomanufacturing, telecommunications, 
>biomedical, and industrial sectors. We currently have an opening for 
>a Diamond R&D Principal Investigator.
>
>Position location: Romeoville, IL
>
>Position Purpose:
>The MEMS Process Engineer is a key member of the Research & 
>Development team. The MEMS process engineer will be responsible for 
>running and optimizing fabrication processes for integration of UNCD 
>in MEMS devices, such as RF Devices, chemical and biological 
>sensors, and probes for scanning probe techniques. The work requires 
>the ability to travel to and develop new procedures within various 
>industrial or academic nanofabrication facilities within the United 
>States, primarily in the Chicago region. The process engineer will 
>be a part of the R&D team and is expected to work to some extent 
>independently to resolve problems and innovate new solutions, but 
>will also perform production tasks associated with bringing products 
>to market.
>Broad experience in micro fabrication techniques is a must. 
>Experience working in an industrial setting is greatly preferred, 
>however applicants with academic experience only will also be 
>considered. Experience with the design of MEMS devices as well as 
>integration with microelectronics and microfluidic technologies is a 
>definite plus. Some exposure to the technology of thin films is 
>desired. A background in a scientific discipline such as mechanical 
>or electrical engineering, materials science, physics, or chemistry 
>is also highly desirable.
>
>Responsibilities include:
>Execute Tasks and overcome technical difficulties associated with 
>product development projects and contract research work with teams 
>of scientists and research technicians to execute tasks and deliver 
>products to engineering for production.
>Resolve technical problems related to the integration of diamond 
>thin films with other materials and/or chemical/biochemical 
>modification of diamond surfaces Communicate results of experiments 
>performed in support of contract research projects and product 
>development to the CTO and ADT Senior management Conduct work in a 
>timely, responsible manner, using good time management skills and 
>attention to details.
>
>Required qualifications include:
>
>BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, 
>Physics or Chemistry with exposure to micro- and nanofabrication 
>processing.
>Knowledge of basic nanofabrication processes (lithography, etching, 
>deposition, CVD) and different measuring techniques.
>Experience with, and willingness to work in a clean room.
>Experience with designing masks and layouts (Ledit or AutoCad).
>Strong academic and industrial background related to the MEMS, 
>microfabrication techniques, and production.
>Experience with common analytical techniques used for 
>characterization of advanced materials.
>Ability and interest to work effectively in a team environment.
>Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
>Good judgment, clear sense of purpose, and accountability working to 
>solve problems under pressure.
>Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude and enthusiasm.
>ADT offers a competitive compensation package including salary, 
>bonus potential, healthcare benefits, paid vacation and stock 
>options.
>
>How to apply:
>
>For consideration please email your resume or CV to: 
><mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked]
>Please include your last name and the position title in the email 
>subject line.
>No third parties or phone calls.
>
>For more company information please see: 
><http://www.thindiamond.com>http://www.thindiamond.com
>
>ADT is an equal opportunity employer.
>
>